Pages

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Tasty Tuesday

Time for a (belated) Tasty Tuesday!

This week, I wanted to mention some of my current obsessions - which are autumn seasonal drinks. I'd be willing to bet that at least 25% of my daily caloric intake is from what I drink... And this time of year is full of extra temptations, from warm apple cider to pumpkin spice latte. I am obsessed.



Nothing is nicer on a cool fall morning than a hot cup of Starbucks' Pumpkin Spice Latte. I seriously cannot get enough of it. 16oz, 380 calories (120 from fat),150mg of caffeinated heaven. This one drink exceeds my daily allowance of caffeine (I try to limit myself to 125mg or less), but it is way too delicious for me to pass up. And the hospital where I am currently working has a Starbucks, so it is just too easy to get a cup!










At night, I love to warm up to a glass of warm apple cider. Usually, my dad presses his apples to make enough cider for our family and friends, but the crop this year wasn't very successful due to such a wet and windy spring. I grudgingly had to go to the store to buy some this year - not as nice as my daddy's, but it sure does the trick!!Yummmmmmm, with a splash of cinnamon, it is one of my favorite fall things!







Speaking of cider, a "hard" or alcoholic cider that I am currently loving is Woodchuck Hard Cider. I got the variety pack and certainly haven't been disappointed. The cider is so sweet and smooth, you're half surprised at the amount of alcohol in it. In my opinion, it makes Strongbow and Magners taste like stinky feet in comparison. The crisp flavor is my favorite!


For my birthday, Mike got me, among many other things, a Tassimo coffee-maker.. So I've been making lattes and hot chocolates and over-indulging on the finer things in life! ;) The espresso is pretty amazing too! If only it made pumpkin spice, then I would never again visit a coffee shop...but with a splash of Pumpkin Spice Creamer and some whipped cream on top, it comes pretty close to the real thing!





 And it's getting to be that "most wonderful time of the year" again - which means that Sierra Mist's Cranberry Splash is back on the shelves! Yummmmmm, I've already stocked up on 2 liters! ;)











Are there any fall favorites that I'm missing? What do you love most about the fall season?

No comments:

Post a Comment