Pages

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Peds: Day 21

Second to last day on Peds. Obviously busy with revision. I have been absolute crap at studying for the shelf. Seriously. I have 1 book that I'm reading, and it has taken me 5 weeks to get to the 250th page. This can only mean bad things for the shelf I'll be taking on Friday...



Tomorrow is my Pedatircs OSCE, which is a mock-interview with a standardized patient followed by an appropriate assessment and plan. I also have to write out a very thorough prescription for the pediatric patient. Hopefully it is fairly straightforward; I see real patients every day that I do real interviews and physical exams on, as well as real assessments and a real attempt at an appropriate plan. So this should be pretty easy. I hope so anyway!

Today I pulled a Q-tip tip out of a 12 year old's ear. That was pretty random. Guess there's a reason we tell patients not to use Q-tips to clean out earwax!

I better get back to my revision; I have a whole lot to look through before the exam on Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment