Pages

Sunday, October 9, 2011

Fit Weekend

What a brilliant weekend we've had! The weather has been unbelievable. I seriously don't want winter to ever come, if only every day could be as perfect as it has been this past week. I know I talk about it all the time, but I'm a farmer's daughter so I have a right to love the beautiful outdoors and the gorgeous sunlight! Plus I know it will be one thing that I will miss dearly when I make the big move across the pond. Not to say English weather isn't lovely, I have really enjoyed it during my 6 weeks over there this past summer, it is just that it is different to what I'm used to. The strong winds, the light drizzly rain, the days when the weather can't decide whether it wants to be sunny, cloudy, or rainy...oh and the green grass, the beautiful flowers, the luscious countryside...I just love it. But the weather we've been having over here has been phenomenal. Clear blue skies, temperature in the 80s during the day and down to the 40s at night, the gorgeous fall foliage, the falling leaves, the beautiful warming sunlight...Needless to say, Mike & I have spent most of our time outdoors during the past week, and this weekend was certainly no exception.



We went to one of the parks on Saturday and ran 3.5 miles together. It was so nice to see Mike happy to run, usually I have to drag him to the park! But this time he was enthusiastic, and he kept pushing me to run faster than I like. First mile was done in 8min30sec, second mile in 9min, third mile in 9min30sec. 3 miles in under 30 minutes, I'm happy with that. Then we went shopping, had dinner, and had a drink and a dance. Pretty good day all around! Today we went to another park and walked about 4 miles with Marley. She got to see a bunch of horses, too; it's funny to watch her growl as they walk by, as if she could take them on! Silly thing.




Since my summer kind of passed me by while I was busy with Step1 and then the Surgery Clerkship, I am enjoying every single minute that I can now. Sorry Peds, but I will be happy with a simple Pass on the shelf exam if it means I can have a life!



Last week of Pediatrics this week - yay! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment