Pages

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Peds: Day 17

Another gorgeous day!! Was accidentally called a doctor twice today, I like those mistakes! ;)

While on my way home from work, Mike got a text message saying that our application to the USCIS was received, and we now have 3 different case numbers whose progress we can track online. So...the waiting game officially begins...again... This morning, I started to feel excited about the application, like I had this feeling that it was getting somewhere...but I think we'll be spending many months refreshing the case progress webpage, awaiting approval. And that day that we are approved, we will be celebrating big! The last time Mike's change of status was approved (after 8 months waiting), we got a bottle of champagne and had a really great night celebrating together. The very next day, Mike booked a flight to go home for the following fortnight. It should be no surprise to anyone that this is exactly what he wants to do after getting approved this time around - he'll be straight home to see his family and friends. Although where we are living is only temporary, it is a long time for someone to be so far from everyone and everything he loves. He never wanted to move away from his home in the UK, but life doesn't always work out the way we think it should. So he's been here with me, waiting so patiently for me to finish school. This whole situation has made us a really strong couple, placing one another above everything else, and I know someday when I feel homesick, he will be the best comfort...but it's hard to see that far ahead when everyday seems so slow in the meantime. I love him so much for being my support and comfort, my drive and my inspiration, as I continue through med school.

The view from my rear-view mirror during rush hour traffic:


No comments:

Post a Comment