Pages

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Tasty Tuesday/Peds: Day 15

Only a half day today - was in from 8:30a-12p. It was such a beautiful day today, I got home and went straight outside for a nice long walk in the park with Mike and Marley! It was gorgeous. I hope this 70+ degree weather sticks around a while longer, I am definitely not ready for the cold weather!!!

Marley loves the view from Mike's shoulders...


So, I've been thinking about making a weekly special blog post. I like to get away from the medical side of life once in a while, so my blog should reflect that as well. After much thought, I've decided on "Tasty Tuesdays", where I'll show off a recipe or type of food that Mike & I enjoy. To say that Mike & I grew up eating very different foods is an understatement; Mike's dad is from Libya, and his cooking includes a lot of Arabic, Italian, or Mediterranean flair. He is an amazing cook; I was so lucky to have enjoyed dinner with Mike's family for nearly 2 months straight. I grew up eating casseroles and "meat and potato"-type meals that my mom cooked. Nothing comforts me more than my mom's cooking. Try as I may, I can never come near to replicating some of my favorite dishes of hers - especially her Tuna Noodle casserole, meatloaf, poor man's steak, and her mashed potatoes that are to die for. Oh and she is a great baker. YUM her pies made entirely from scratch, monster cookies, no-bake cookies - it's nothing short of a miracle that I haven't become diabetic from her yummy desserts! ;)  With the variety of foods we were separately brought up with, we have found that our dinners are extremely varied from day-to-day, which will hopefully make for some interesting blogs! So we'll start this Tasty Tuesday with a little something I whipped up this evening...

Apple Cinnamon Pork Chops:
As a way to welcome in the gorgeous fall weather, I thought I would make a low-fat, fall-inspired comfort food.

     - 4 pork chops, browned and cooked in butter. Take chops out of skillet, and put in a little butter + 2-3
     tart apples, finely sliced, plus 3 tbsp brown sugar, 2 tbsp chopped pecans, and cinnamon + nutmeg to
     taste. Cook apples until soft, then add to previously cooked chops and enjoy (with cooked, fresh green
     beans & Parmesan and Romano rice).


No comments:

Post a Comment