Pages

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Peds: Day 16

I finally got my final grade for the surgery clerkship, and I am pleased. 10% of my third year has been completed successfully! And you know what? only 85% of my third year is left to go. Wow. Time seriously flies.

Was in the clinic from 8:30-5 today. I am getting better at my physical exams (on average, I am only forgetting one part once every 2-3 patients), and I even gave some advice to the patients and answered a few questions - and answered them the same way that the attending did when the patients asked her after talking to me. I like the outpatient setting, but I don't like the strictly peds visits. There are a lot of well care visits, a lot of kids coming in with a cold or virus of some sort, and a lot of parents that are seeking advice. It's enjoyable enough at the moment, but I think this kind of medicine isn't varied enough for me. But I have to admit, the cute little babies that are in for well visits make me smile and say all sorts of ridiculous baby-talk...it sure is fun to interact with them, but it sure is nice to send them home with their parents once they get cranky after the ear exam!!!

Another gorgeous day. We are being spoiled with the beautiful weather, but I wouldn't dare to complain!!! :) :) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment