Pages

Saturday, October 15, 2011

Pediatrics Shelf Exam

My second clerkship is officially finished!!! Yesterday, I took my Peds Shelf Exam. It lasted 2hr30min and consisted of 100 questions. I was surprised at how short many of the vignettes were (I finished with a bit of time to spare). I actually felt like I was given adequate time to complete the exam; oftentimes I get to the last 20 questions of the exam and realize I have to hurry through the rest of the questions if I want to finish the exam in time.

It was a bit more difficult that I anticipated, but I'm sure I did well enough. The exam would have gone more smoothly had I taken Internal Medicine before Pediatrics, but it wasn't too bad with just a surgical background. Only having 5 weeks to learn everything about peds is kind of crazy, but I'm happy to have it over with so I won't complain!






After the exam, Mike & I traveled south to watch his U11 team play. The passing keeps improving; it was a really good game to watch...Marley had a great time meeting new friends, Mike did another impressive job managing the team, and I enjoyed a warm and delicious French Vanilla Cappuccino - pretty good time all-around! :)






Loving the fall colors!


Just a cute little bridge in the park.

No comments:

Post a Comment