Pages

Monday, September 12, 2011

Peds: Day 1

Today was my first day on peds... Was just in lecture today from 8:30 to 3:30.

Quote of the day from an attending: "I don't like kids. They're dirty, snotty little monsters... I promised my husband, as a pediatrician, I would never wear anything Mickey the mouse or winney the pooh crap on my clothes or little cutesy things on my stethoscope. What I love about peds is how a kid can be sick and not complain about it. Adults get a cold and they need to take a week off of work. Kids get sick, get better, and get on with life, forgetting all about their time being ill." I am on her side on that one haha I'm so happy the pediatricians aren't all cutesy little children in adult, doctor bodies! Had a few laughs today, too. They seem to be so much more laid back than what I'm used to. Totally looking forward to feeling comfortable and encouraged throughout the clerkship!

We watched Mike's team play one of their rivals tonight. The kids played better today. They won 6-0, but could have scored several more goals. Marley and I had a good time talking with some kids during the game. Marley is being so spoiled lately, but the weather has been so nice I can't help but get in as much time outside as we can while we can still enjoy the hot weather!


Loving every minute of life. So thankful for everything I have, especially my wonderful family and friends. Love you all! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment