Pages

Saturday, September 17, 2011

Peds: Day 4

Was in lecture from 8-11:30 today. Went over childhood stages of development (Piaget's stages of cognitive development), pediatric cardiology (ASD, VSD, Coarctation, Tetralogy, PDA).

Copied a whole bunch of forms from my parents' previous tax years to use as supporting evidence of financial support for the green card. Seriously took us 5 hours to copy and put them all together properly. But it finally feels like it is starting to come together. I'll explain the whole process in a future post...but suffice it to say that it's a whole lot of work, a whole lot forms, a whole lot of legal jargon, and a whole lot of money in order to apply for permanent residency. Oh and by the way this will only last 10 years before we would need to re-apply or apply for citizenship. Lots of work. The amount of stuff I need to do to live in the UK is laughable - pretty much just need my MD and my husband at customs in the airport...actually I would only need my MD, but the husband might make the process a bit quicker. Hilarious, the difference between the US and UK!

After working on that until late in the afternoon, Mike & I went to get our hair cut. I've been so busy, between studying for the Step1 and then my Surgery Clerkship that I haven't had the time or desire to go and get my haircut. So it has been a while....

Before:                                                                                                                                    After:





Then went for a few drinks and listened to some music at a lounge bar. I even got a few genuine smiles and laughs out of Mike, I love it when he forgets how much he misses home and allows himself to be happy here! It only happens once in a while, but those glimpses of his normal, happy self make me fall so in love with him all over again...




My Lemon Drop Martini:

2 comments:

  1. Love the hair :) Sorry about delay of cd.

    If you haven't gathered. I'm awful at getting things done :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! :)

    We were trying to wait it out to put the proper photos in our photo album, but we just used the ones with your logo on them instead. I'm sure you've been busy with newly-wed life!! Looking forward to the CD!! :)

    ReplyDelete