Pages

Sunday, September 11, 2011

This Has Gotta Be the Good Life

Another great weekend has come and gone!

Friday was spent with Sangria, board games, wii, and a movie. We watched Water for Elephants...it was a pretty good movie. I mean, I fell asleep before it finished, so I need to watch the end of it before I can really know if I liked the whole movie or not! ;)

On Saturday, Mike & I watched the Liverpool game then went to watch one of Mike's teams play. The kids were pretty good, some of them have such good insight in the game...Some room for improvement, but that's what Mike's there for. And he is a great coach. He is so good with kids, every parent tells me that as if I didn't already know how patient he is, how good he is at explaining things and making every drill fun. All I have to do is look at him while Alex or Katelyn or Luke is around; he will make a great dad. What am I saying? He already is a great dad - Marley thinks the world of him! ;)

 We went out to eat at a Mediterranean restaurant with Gina & Ben on Saturday night. So yummy!
 Another great night out with our friends. If only there were nice places to dance the night away here, then we'd be all set!


Today, Mike & I took Marley to a "Bark for Life" event - it's an American Cancer Society "Relay for Life", but for dogs. It was so cute! Marley had such a good time, running around in the rain and puddles, meeting a whole bunch of new dogs, and sniffing loads of new smells. After about 3 hours there, she came home knackered! It was a nice way to spend the 10 year anniversary of 9/11, remembering how we spent that day and they days following. It's interesting to see how much of an impact 9/11 made on Mike, despite the fact that he experienced it from across the pond. Somethings are so powerful they transcend our national patriotism and instead pull us together through our common ties of humanity.

Spent the rest of the day doing those odd jobs that I haven't had time for in the last 10 weeks, then worked on some more green card stuff.






Tomorrow marks the start of my second clerkship - Pediatrics! I don't know how much I'll like taking care of sick kids (I like healthy kids!), but I am excited to start on the next phase of my education! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment