Pages

Sunday, September 18, 2011

a MAZE-ing weekend

Forgive my cheesy title, but we went through a huge corn maze this weekend! We went with Gina & Ben after a day of shopping. It was fun, figuring your way through the maze and getting to the checkpoints. I love doing things that are active and I love the outdoors, especially with the fall weather sneaking in.

Mike & I went to watch his kids play soccer on Saturday afternoon before we went to Zinful for dinner. It was surprisingly classy yet decently priced. It just opened up about a month ago, but I think they created a good niche for them to succeed with...they have wine tasting, lots of different types of beer, and a cigar room. We will definitely be back (and uhm it will probably be already this next coming weekend!). Oh yeah, and they finished with a surprise dark chocolate covered truffle for dessert - what a perfect finishing touch.

The perfect beer for the Vespa enthusiasts:

Mike pours the perfect pint


 Dr. Lossen's Riesling + Seafood Flatbread ---> yummmmmm

Chocolate Truffle for Dessert

Just worked on Green Card things today, from 10-7. It really is nearly finished though, I just am so OCD I want to make sure everything is just perfect and in the correct order, easy to navigate through, well put together cover pages, ensuring enough documentation, and reading through the forms for accuracy time and time again. I'm starting to think we might not need to be interviewed if I send it in just right - wouldn't that be nice! :) I even actually cut the checks and fore-dated the signatures for Friday, when we plan to send the whole thing off. It is going to be such a great day when it all gets out of the apartment and into the proper office!

I think I need to post something medicine-related from the weekend, so how about this: Marley gave her ducky an emergency tracheotomy (a little right of midline, but she managed to make it work!)haha  ;)


I start my first day on Inpatient Pediatrics tomorrow morning...I don't really like not having any idea what to expect, but it will be ok. I'm starting to get sick of all of the "newness" of third year - I would like a bit of familiarity back in my life. I think signs are pointing towards patient-care that involves caring for the patients on a long-term basis. I guess we all fear the unknown, afraid of what we don't know...I'm trying to embrace all of these new experiences with optimism and confidence; things will work out as they should, as they always do.

No comments:

Post a Comment