Pages

Sunday, July 24, 2011

A Weekend Off!

I have had such a great weekend away from the hospital! Mike & I started planning our wedding, just working on some of the big picture things like a venue and what we both want from the wedding, and our expectations. It's crazy how different we are in how we envision a wedding...Being from 2 very different cultures has never been an issue before, but we are definitely on different standpoints on what we expect from a wedding. We both know that, since we are such a unique couple, we will not have everything match up to what we have imagined our whole lives, and there will obviously by some compromise. But the most important part of the wedding is committing every bit of our lives to each other forever, and we are definitely ready to make that happen! So the rest is really just details, right?? ;)

We went on a night out with Gina and Ben last night, and had such a good time. I'm so thankful to have such thoughtful, giving, and encouraging friends that I can just sit back and have a good time with. It's nice to leave the medicine behind and talk about other things all night long!!!

Yesterday, Mike reminded me that I haven't actually celebrated passing my Step 1 yet...and he took some time to help me feel grateful for passing ("Imagine if you had to take it all over again AND work these hours?!"..."How would we ever finish with your MD in the next two years if you hadn't passed?"..."You worked hard and you got what you deserved, there's nothing you can't do with a little effort!"). It forced me to think about just how lucky I really am. Every day I thank God for blessing me with a life better than I ever could have imagined, for meeting the man of my dreams, for allowing me to reach my full potential and make a difference in the world as a physician...but I've been even more mindful of it this weekend. I have such a great family, such an absolutely perfect soulmate, great friends, a career most people only dream of, and good health and good fortune in so many aspects of my life...I am so lucky. I am so thankful. I am so thrilled to be given the life I have worked so hard for... "To whom much is given, much is expected." Let's hope I can live up to all of the talents and blessings that I have been given.

In short, I am one extremely happy girl. Things just keep getting better all the time!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment