Pages

Friday, July 22, 2011

Trauma Surgery: Day 12

Was in today 6a-6:45p. Not much new happened...still rounding on patients and learning more about drugs and pathophysiologies and treatments. I helped remove 2 central lines (a femoral line and a subclavian line). My very first trauma patient (with the epidural hematoma due to a motorcycle accident) was moved to the Physical Medicine and Rehab unit. He is nearly back to his baseline status; I am so happy to see him doing so well. Since he was extremely sick and heavily sedated during the time which I helped care for him the most, he doesn't know that I have been following his status and improvement day-by-day since his first moments in the ER and then the hospital. It will be a happy day when he goes home. Success #1! :)


In the Surgical Intensive Care Unit, we have "Computers-On-Wheels", which help us during rounding when we are presenting new information to the attending, including labs and imaging...We call them "COWS"...and my family never thought they'd see the day when I would be working with COWS!!! ;)

A Cow ("Computer-On-Wheels"), next to the red crash-cart:


Mike & I were going to begin our wedding planning tonight by deciding on a few venues to check out this weekend and next...but I realized that our tentative wedding date is exactly 666 days from today, and decided not to chance it and so we're going to push off any planning until tomorrow. That's just a bad omen to start planning on such a devilish number!! It's best to be safe and hold off for another day!haha

I have the weekend off to spend with my love and my pup. I am so excited to sleep in tomorrow!! I'm sure I'll be up before 8, but that is a big improvement from what time I normally get up!

1 week left of trauma surgery!

No comments:

Post a Comment