Pages

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Trauma Surgery: Day 3

Let me start today by saying... I passed my step 1!!! I did score a bit below my goal, but I am really happy with my result! I worked hard for this... 12-14 hours a day, every day, for 6 weeks and 2 full years of solid education and revision all led up to a good score. I'm thrilled!!! This was the last real obstacle to get through on my way to becoming an MD. Graduating top of the class in high school and college, getting in to an above average medical school, passing my first two years and my step 1... the rest should be easy in comparison!! Well, we're still talking long days and no free time, but I will get thru the rest and come out with the life I've always dreamed of!!

Today was a good day, I found out my score on the boards around noon, during our SICU rounds actually!! Followed some patients, read some of my surgery text, then followed up in patients. We had a lecture on physician suicide, and I hope to enlighten you with some astounding facts and stats about physician mental health and lifestyle in tomorrow's post!

I have already worked more than 40 hours this week. No complaints, though; I love to be busy, I couldn't imagine a life without school and/or work...it must be so unfullfilling especially since I am now able to do exactly what I've always dreamed of doing!!

Oh yesterday's 3rd cranial nerve palsy patient had a lesion at it's exit from the pons...this person will likely never recover from this injury...

No comments:

Post a Comment