Pages

Sunday, July 10, 2011

This weekend has been so much fun! On Friday, Mike & I invited Gina & Ben around and had dinner and sangria, watched a film, and caught up on each other's lives...On Saturday, the four of us went to the Toledo Lighthouse Festival, which was a little quieter than we expected it to be, so we decided to go to Ben's Dad's house and take a ride down the river with his boat. We went all over, up to the Lighthouse and up and down the river, inlets, and bays before having a seafood dinner at a little restaurant on the water. It was such a good time, I love being on the water on a scorching hot day! Ben's Dad & his wife are legends, they are so laid back and welcoming, two really great people.
Mike and Me on Saturday Afternoon:


Today, Mike & I went shopping...oh how I miss Liverpool One! I think we're going to stick to only shopping while in England...but it was fun to see some of the sights out and about in the mall on a Sunday afternoon. Yikes. We even went to get my ring cleaned and look at wedding bands; the jeweler we bought the ring from left the mall, but there's one near my mom and dad's house so at least we don't have to travel far for inspections/tightenings/cleanings for the engagement ring. I have my eye on a few different wedding bands...but we do have 2 years to commit, so we have plenty of time to find the perfect ones!

Marley kisses!


Today, I spent the most amount of money I've ever spent on a pair of shoes on the ugliest pair of shoes I have ever laid my eyes on...
...welcome to the world of medicine, where 16 hour work days make comfort trump style! Nurses & Doctors swear by Danskos...fingers crossed I fall in love with them, too. I'm a bit skeptical at the moment, I just can't get over how disgusting they are! But as long as my feet aren't killing, I'll be one happy MS3!

I paged my residents a few times Friday, Saturday, and today...never got a call back. I have no idea when I need to show up, where I need to show up, and in what attire I need to be, but I suppose I will find out tomorrow when I show up for surgery at 5:30am! Let's hope they don't expect me sooner...fingers crossed for a good day tomorrow, I am a bit nervous, but I'm also really excited to finally put some of my hard work to good use!! :)

Check back tomorrow to see how my first day goes!! :) :) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment