Pages

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Tasty Tuesday: Lucky New Year Dinner

After celebrating the end of another year with glasses of champagne, nothing tastes better on New Year's Day than sauerkraut and sausage. It's a tradition of my family (now a tradition in our family) to eat this meal, so that the new year may bring good fortune and progress. I know many cultures do many different things (Spanish eat 12 grapes at midnight to signify the passed 12 months - some sour, some sweet), and growing up with strong German heritage meant, among many other things, new years sauerkraut and sausage.

I made a variation of my moms classic, but grilled some onions and the bratwursts before combining with steamed sauerkraut. It was exactly what I needed to start this new year off on the right foot!

No comments:

Post a Comment