Pages

Monday, January 16, 2012

The Best 11 Days of 2011

As I begin to look forward to all that 2012 has in store, I would like to take a look back at 11 of my favorite days in 2011.

1.  January 8, 2011: Mike & I spent time with my family for the first time as an engaged couple! We had Christmas Part 2 at Mom & Dad's because Mike & I were in Liverpool for Christmas.



2.  February 5, 2011: I went skiing for the first time. My first run was down a black hill, where Mike quickly taught me how to ski, and I did my best to keep from flying straight down the slope.



3.  April 26, 2011: Took my last Med School exam of my pre-clinical years. I celebrated the "unofficial half-way through medical school" day with a bottle of Riesling and sitting outside in the sunshine.



4.  May 4, 2011: Mike & I flew to England together for the very first time. And we stayed there until June 23. I studied for the Step 1 12 hours a day for 5 weeks. And I discovered a love for running through the winding roads of England (I listened to Goljan lectures while I ran for 30-60 minutes most evenings).



5.  June 7, 2011: Step 1 exam completed. One of the best moments of the year was when I walked out of the testing centre to see Mike walking over to me, gave me a big hug, and said "You did it! All of your hard work will pay off, I'm so proud of you." I might have shed a few tears after that. Then we walked around London one last time before we went to a pub for a few pints and caught the train back to Liverpool.




6.  June 9, 2011: Flew to Marbella, Spain with Mike and his family for a much-needed relaxing holiday on the beach. Sangrias, tapas, seafood, ocean, beaches, hot sun, and no studying whatsoever. It was amazing. Best week of the year.





7.  July 3, 2011: Mike & I celebrated our 3 year anniversary by playing music together at a wedding (I played the piano while Mike was on his acoustic guitar). Of course we also watched fireworks on the fourth of July with our Marley.



8.  July 11, 2011: My first day of my first clerkship! I started on Trauma Surgery and saw some incredible things. I was so excited about medicine that I truly didn't care that I worked my summer away!



9.  July 13, 2011: I received my score report from USMLE and found out that I passed the Step 1. Mike told me while I was in work with a simple text: PASS!!! One of the happiest moments of my life.



10.  September 23, 2011: Mike & I submitted the Green Card application and celebrated with a few of my family and some of our friends. We began putting the application together on June 24. Another day that happened to be one of the happiest of my life!!! (Knowing we could stay together in the same country was more than enough of a reason to be happy!!!)







11.  October 24, 2011: I delivered my first baby (absolutely amazing experience!) one day after my 25th birthday. It was one of the most beautiful moments in my life. New life. It is an experience more beautiful than words could ever describe. And of course I always feel my eyes welling up when the baby makes the first cry. It is so beautiful. Absolutely incredible. 


No comments:

Post a Comment