Pages

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Internal Medicine: Days 33, 34

I just can't get excited about cardiology. Today, we were swamped with consults - apparently, the rest of the medical world doesn't like to deal with problems of the heart either! ;) I'm learning, but not as much as I thought I would. I'm trying to make the best of it, but it's hard. I really just don't have much of an interest in it. But we're trying... Today, of our 30+ patients that we rounded on, only 1 had cancer. One. And I try to always assign myself to the oncology patients on whatever service I'm on, but it's not really possible here. But we'll get through it. Hopefully the days get a little better - I'm so exhausted when I get in, but I really need to study. Story of my life, I suppose.

I saw this video on youtube and had to laugh. Maybe it'll give you some insight into a Med Student's mind:



No comments:

Post a Comment