Pages

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Mike began his trip home this afternoon. Total travel time is just 14 hours, not too bad really. He has 1 layover in Chicago, and it only lasts for a few hours so it's a pretty good flight schedule. He'll be home by 745am GMT, and I know he's going to have such a great time. He's been looking forward to going home since the day we came back to the US in June. I'm happy for him, he deserves to go home for a few weeks. After being on my own for just a few hours, I already have more of an understanding as to how difficult the last few months must have been for him. It's awfully lonely in the house when you're on your own. I'm sure it's for the best that I can't go with him, because he does have a lot to sort out for himself while he's there and it's best for him to figure things out without my influence (especially in regards to medical school - he needs to decide that on his own). But it doesn't make the goodbyes any easier. We've been through airport goodbyes many times, and each time we tell ourselves that it will get easier, that it won't be as bad the next time. But it really doesn't get any easier. I'm going to miss having my best friend near me all the time, my partner in crime and the one who will laugh at my jokes and the one I share my days with. I'll miss coming home to him the most. He's the best part of my day. When I get up in the morning, I look forward to coming home and having dinner together and talking about our days with one another. I suppose the next few weeks will be solely dedicated to medical school, as I do have another shelf exam coming up on February 3rd. So we'll get through it. I'm sure the time will fly by and all of a sudden Internal Medicine will be finished, I'll be starting my psych rotation, and Mike will be back home before I know it. It's just going to be strangely quiet around here in the meantime...

Mike and Marley playing in the snow

And he's on his way:


I'm back in work tomorrow. Thank God. I don't know what I'd do with myself if I was stuck in the house on my own all day!


Prayers for a safe flight and a good trip home.
See you soon, love.

No comments:

Post a Comment