Pages

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Mike and I spent the day together, just the two of us and our doggy. This afternoon, mike even got a haircut from Toni&Guy and (brace yourself) actually likes it! I do, too. I refused to cut his hair, made him go to a salon to be pampered. I'm glad he did! Then we went for a browse around the mall before heading to a little trendy Japanese restaurant for some sushi and sashimi. Mike and I love to try new food - albeit he is slightly more adventurous than I! We tried sea urchin tonight - it has a strong fishy taste, it almost tastes like the ocean, and the texture is just not for me. Its squishy, but solid enough to get in your mouth in one piece before it all just squishes into a sandy, snot-like consistency against just the force of your tongue. And the fish taste sticks with you for hours after eating it. Mike liked it, though. He loves that strong fishy flavor. I don't even particularly like raw salmon! But it was good to try something new. And we had a plate full of sashimi (very fresh raw fish sliced thin), which was so delicious! And now were snuggled with the puppy, watching Moneyball and some English television programs.

Lots of studying tomorrow - but today was all about enjoying life! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment