Pages

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Heme-Onc Outpatient: IM Days 26, 27, 28

I absolutely love this life. The patients are typically extremely thankful and kind, and the attending and residents really truly care about their patients. The best part: we all act very humanely. By that I mean no one tries to look better or pretend to be more important than the other - we are all in this life together, and we try our best to bring happiness to each day. It is a perfect specialty. I have been taught a lot in the course of two days, and everything I'm told interests me. Prognosis, genetics, pathophysiology, chemotherapy drugs, treatment options, presentations of illnesses, everything about cancer is just so fascinating.

I'm writing a case report regarding a patient with Von Hippel Lindau - ill be sure to share it with you once I finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment