Pages

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Psych: Day 8, 9

We had a new patient clinic this morning. I evaluated a young lady with a history of bipolar type II and generalized anxiety disorder. She was also in with a significant comorbid medical problem, which has been a cause of some distress. Some things that stuck out to me from the interaction - "my friends would ask me if I was on drugs because I was always so happy, even as a kid"; "I could spend days doing things, I had three jobs and went to school full time and still felt like I could do more"; "I have come to notice that the big things aren't so bad, it's the small things that are big for me." she was interesting. I really liked talking with her. I think her prognosis is good as well, which is a promising sign.


Marley is feeling a little bit better. Her lungs have some rales in her lower left lobe especially, but hopefully she gets better with the meds.

Just enjoying some moscato and a film with my two favorite people! (mike and marley)

No comments:

Post a Comment