Pages

Friday, February 17, 2012

Style Saturday

It's a day early, but just consider it "Fashionable Friday" for this week!

Something which I have been thinking about for a while now is how I need to focus on things outside of medicine. I find that I get a little burnt-out when my attention is solely placed on work, study, diagnosis, treatment, prognosis, pathophysiology, and mechanisms of action. So I'm going to work on another area of my life that I enjoy - fashion.

I say fashion, but I suppose it is more like my style...fashion seems such a broad term, and with a very couture connotation...but I'm more into what I find suits me and my career. Around here, it's easy to fall into the trap of wearing exactly the same things as everyone else, especially in the medical profession. Everyone plays it very safe, wearing black or grey pants with very plain tops, as no one wants to stand apart from the others. Usually when I start on a new rotation and need to make good first impressions, I do the same. I'm very conservative on my wardrobe for work, especially when I know that I will be meeting with physicians who I admire to emulate. But I desperately don't want to be boring. I want to dress with some sort of style, with bits of fashion in my outfits. Also, I don't really like to wear pants, I'm a "skirts and dresses" kind of girl. I don't like to wear what everyone else has on, I don't like to just fit-in. It's difficult to do, as a med student, to be confident enough to be a little daring when you are so far down on the hierarchy of physicians. So this, these "Style Saturdays", will serve as an outlet for me, showcasing things I do wear, things I would wear, and things I wish to wear.

A Few Things I'm Loving This Week:


From: H&M, Dorothy Perkins, Next, River Island. AND - Each item is under $50.

1. I am absolutely in need of a pink blazer!
2. I still love the nautical stripes. Add in a bit of fine knit and I'm sold!
3. I am loving the color-block style that's coming back from the sixties! The shoes, that skirt, the pink cardigan - Who could resist that sixties charm!?
4. On the search for a pleated skirt. This dress in teal would do just fine!




No comments:

Post a Comment