Pages

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Tasty (FAT) Tuesday

Joyeux Mardi Gras, tout le monde! I can't believe it's that time of the year again already...it honestly feels like we've just celebrated new year. Crazy how life continues to fly by despite our desires to slow it down.

I love fat Tuesday. Going to New Orleans to celebrate Mardi Gras is on my to-do list for next year. If we are in the states, we will make it there. Sorry, medical school, but I need my celebrating with parades, beer, and amazingly delicious french/cajun food. I can't even imagine how much fun it would be! So for the time being, Mike & I celebrated with a nice workout sesh followed by an overindulgence in Paczkis (Polish donuts that are traditionally eaten on the Tuesday before Ash Wednesday). No King's Cake in sight, and we didn't even make pancakes in honor of England's tradition for today - affectionately called "Pancake Day". Well, maybe it'll be a night snack - lent begins tomorrow so I need to fatten up as best I can today! ;)  And I LOVE english pancakes - its a mixture of flour, egg, and milk that results in a thin little thing reminiscent of a french crepe. We sprinkle some squeezed lemon juice and sugar on top to finish it off. It's delicious. If I'm dying for chocolate, some Nutella spread over the crepe with some sliced bananas really hit the spot.

Of course I have more to tell you about than just Fat Tuesday traditions! If you remember from last week, we decided to follow a menu for our nightly dinners. It has been phenomenal. I'm back in the kitchen cooking again, which means that I am finally working with my hands (despite being on my psych rotation!).
eMeals - Easy Meals for Busy People!
And, since it's not super-healthy cooking like I sometimes do in the kitchen, Mike actually likes what I make (he always turns down my baked whitefish with grilled asparagus and wild rice). So, here's a little spread of what we've enjoyed in the past week. Apologies for the photo quality, they were only taken from my I-Phone!


BBQ roast with sweet potato; BBQ Tortillas; Fisherman's Stew; Chicken Quesadillas, Beef Stir Fry; Kale & Mushroom Breakfast Bake; Fruit Medley; Cheesy Pull-Apart Bread; and Chicken Pasta Salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment