Pages

Monday, December 5, 2011

Luke's First Birthday!

Christmas-time is here!!!

 Alex

Katelyn



We celebrated Luke's first birthday on Saturday with some good food and fine wine - and a little cake for Luke to tear into! It was a nice, fun get-together with Pat & Kelly's family. I can't believe he's ONE already! Where does the time go...?


Luke is such a little cutie, just look at those brown eyes and watch your heart melt!! :)



 Happy Birthday, Luke-Man!!!


Then on Sunday, we celebrated Christmas with my dad's side of the family. More good food - it's no wonder why we gain weight around the holidays when there's cooking going on like this! While at the Christmas party, everyone made a card or sent a message and some money to help comfort Greg & Sarah. His first of two long surgeries was today. Hoping for the best! Oh and while Greg was in the hospital at OSU, the head coach of the football team, Urban Meyer, stopped by to visit Greg and his family. He stayed and chatted with Greg for about 15minutes. What a great guy!

A few of my aunts managed to find a few photographs of my grandpa and great-grandparents and great-aunts and great-uncles, and they made some copies and handed out the photos to my dad and the rest of his brothers/sisters. I'm not sure when this was taken, but I might guess the 1920s. That handsome fella on the far right is my grandfather, Ben, and the two sitting down in front are my great-grandpa (Herman) and great-grandma (Elizabeth). I'd love to get my hands on more of their photographs; there is something so beautiful about peering into the lives of my ancestors through their photographs.


No comments:

Post a Comment