Pages

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Internal Medicine Days 9, 10, 11, 12

Busy on Internal... After working for 12 hours, I come home and often feel like I haven't done anything all day. Internal is all about thinking, sitting down and solving all of the problems with medications and obtaining appropriate consults when our knowledge is lacking in particular areas which are afflicting the patient. We pre-round, then we round, then we sign out our patients with the night team. But we don't actually physically do stuff. No procedures, no surgeries...the only things we do with our hands is write a lot of notes and to quickly examine the patient. Feels strange. Oh my, I never would have thought I would be in to surgery, but I do miss it. I need to do something with my hands, this sitting around solving problems business is probably not for me. At least let me place an IV or something! Makes me wonder about the practicality of hem-onc - could I handle just doing

medications? Or can I do more? And how much more do I want to do? How much do I want to work with my hands and how much do I want to work with my head?...

Last night, we celebrated Johns birthday at a Japanese steakhouse. It was a lot of fun! It was my first time at a hibachi grill, so much fun with a group of friends! :)

Friends and Japanese Food

On the Hibachi Grill: (look at those gorgeous scallops yummm)

Sushi yum yummy

No comments:

Post a Comment