Pages

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Internal Medicine: Day 5, 6, 7

Been a challenging few days, but I'm still enjoying internal medicine. I have a new Attending for the month of December who is brilliant. Very good with patient care, and he loves his job. I love to work with people who are passionate about helping others. I have an interesting case that I'm on, and I have really bonded with the patient. I actually have time to sit down and talk to her, and I have even been able to explain things more clearly to her, answer all of her questions, and help to relieve her anxiety. I'll explain this case sometime soon, it's interesting...!

Been a difficult few days. My cousin, who has been battling stage 4 colon cancer for over two years, has a large tumor invading his C6-T2 vertebrae. He's been on a clinical trial which has evidently not been the miracle we had hoped it would be. He may be having 2 days of long surgery to ease his pain...yet the treatment is seemingly palliative. There is one clinical trial left which he may be eligible for... Please send positive thoughts and prayers for him, his wife, and his 5 kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment