Pages

Sunday, November 6, 2011

OB-Gyn: Day 12

This is part of a photo that is up in the front lobby of the hospital I was at for labor and delivery. It's a much needed reminder that what is more important than knowing is the desire to know more. Stop focusing on everything I have forgotten, and focus on learning as much as I can now...

Saturday was my weekend call. We rounded on our hospitalized patients then were free to go home. We went over the importance of the traditional side of medicine, the usefulness and necessity of understanding vital signs and patient interaction. In this day and age, so much emphasis is placed on the newest technology - CTs, MRIs, Mammograms, Biopsies, Labwork... The attending suggested that vital signs and patient interactions need to be at the forefront of our care, and we need to rely less heavily on newer technology. This precisely mirrors the philosophy of medicine in England, and I could not agree with this more.
I would love to talk more, but I need to revise! My shelf exam will be here before I know it...

No comments:

Post a Comment