Pages

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Ob-Gyn Shelf Exam

This shelf exam started off late. We, as usual, had troubles accessing the exam from the national examiners...we were delayed in starting the exam by 2 hours. That's a long time to sit in your seat, nervous and anxious for the exam. Not to mention that we aren't allowed any food or drink - so a 2 hour delay means that I had to wait an additional 2 hours to eat (nearly 5 hours in total). I could have used some caffeine and glucose, you know. I get cranky when I can't snack! ;)


I don't want to jinx myself, but I think this shelf exam was my best so far. I felt totally prepared, and I could think my way through the more complex questions reasonably well.

Every exam is different, so I can't say for sure, but I definitely felt like there was much more obstetric-related questions than gynecology, and they were fairly complicated cases. Maybe I just felt they were more complicated because I was so well prepared for gynecology questions than I was for the obstetrics questions, and maybe they made me feel uncomfortable. I suppose I'll just have to wait and see how I did, I should know in a few weeks. 

1 comment:

  1. What did you get on the ob shelf ?? mine is in a couple of days i will appreciate if you can give me so final good advice so far i'm planning of doing alot of questions uwise, uworld, kaplan, and pretest, any final advise will be appreciated. Email me at drcerebro30@yahoo.com. Thanks take care!!

    ReplyDelete