Pages

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

OB-Gyn: Day 14

Exhausted...another 12+ hour day. Hospital rounds, morning clinic, afternoon clinic, and then a surgery before coming home for a quick shower, some revision, and now blog then bed. Exciting life! No but really it was a great day. Saw a new patient with highly likely ovarian cancer, saw another patient in clinic who I was following on the hospital service previously. This afternoon's surgery involved placement of radiation rods for vaginal cancer irradiation. That was a really interesting surgery. Well worth the extra hours in work to participate in that surgery.

The resident I am working with asked me if I had a boyfriend or married and I said yes. Then he asked what he does and I told him that he's from England, so hes dealing with immigration issues at the moment... Then asked me how I met someone from England, and I said what I always say "he randomly was in chicago with his friends, I was randomly in chicago with my friends. we just happened to meet, and it was love at first sight." The resident smiled, his eyes softened, and he said that he met his wife in chicago (neither of them were American yet they randomly met in chicago). What a special moment, sharing such a special and unique story with my resident. Talk about instant connection!

Only a few days left of OB-GYN... STILL Can't believe how fast time flies...!

No comments:

Post a Comment