Pages

Saturday, November 12, 2011

Home Sweet Home

Happy weekend! Loving this 3-day weekend stuff (even if I do have to go in on weekends to round on my patients - it still feels like a full 3 days off). Yesterday was such a good day, even though I was stuck in the dentist's chair for most of it. 2 hours filling in 6 cavities. I haven't had a cavity in years, but when I went to my first consultation for Invisalign, I was told I had 9. So I went to my primary dentist, and he could only find 6. Many of them weren't cavities yet (there are stages of caries - just beginning into the enamel, through the enamel, and into the dentin or beyond). 2 were into the dentin, which need to be filled, but the other 4 were prophylactic fillings. Since I'll be using Invisalign for the next 2 years, I won't be able to have any dental work or fillings during that time, so we had to prevent any possible problems by taking care of anything that showed even beginnings of a cavity. I just hate having cavities; I am an absolute OCD teeth-brusher, but I some how end up with caries. After that fun, I went to visit my dentist for the fitting of my Invisalign. They took a bunch of impressions of my teeth, which will be sent to the headquarters of Invisalign where they will determine and process my specific treatment plan. I should get my first set in 4-6 weeks - fingers crossed it will be before Christmas!!! I am so excited to have straight teeth!!! :) :) :)

Anyway, we had a really great night celebrating true love with our good friends, Ben and Gina, as they celebrated a special day. I love being reminded of how amazing love is, how lucky we are. They are such a cute couple, I love to see them so happy together. Love is a beautiful thing...

So today I revised Ob-Gyn in preparation for my impending shelf exam. We also did some fall cleaning, and now we're ready to start putting up some Christmas decorations!!! I'm so excited to spend Christmas with my family this year! Celebrating away from our home and in a different culture was a lot of fun last year, but I missed the traditions and culture I enjoy at home. I'm looking forward to being home for the holidays, with my fiance and puppy. We're trying to do 1 Christmas in the US, the next in the UK, and so forth just to split the time up equally. It's always going to be a struggle, loving someone from somewhere so far away. But it is so most definitely worth it! :)

I wanted to share our home with those of you who have yet to visit the place we call home. We can't even begin to explain how excited we are to have all of our family and friends together for our wedding, to have all those we love in one place and able to meet each other. And that is nearly exactly 1 and a half years from now! Crazy!!!

Here's a video of our apartment. Mike said I went "proper American" on the commentary...well, sorry love, but I am! ;)

And if you wanna see more of where we live, please please stop by and visit! :) :) :)


No comments:

Post a Comment