Pages

Thursday, April 26, 2012

A Week Off!

Oh I know I've been neglecting my blog, but this is my one week off during third year! And I've been BUSY working on all of the areas of my life that I have neglected for the past 10 months. Sorting through the huge amounts of information out there regarding finding a position as a foundation doctor (so that I have a job after I graduate next year), beginning to compile immigration documents, working on my Rad-Onc presentation, reading the 500+ novel, "The Emperor of All Maladies", watching every episode of New Girl, going on long runs (well, long for me anyway!), taking a bunch of little walks each day with Mike and Marley, spending time with my family, fixing the second vehicle which has been acting up lately, giving the house a good clean, cooking dinner each night, baking cookies, trying out a few different types of wine, and even a little bit of wedding planning has been going on. So I guess it isn't really a "week off", but I really am enjoying the time away from medicine.

...saying that, I haven't actually been staying away from medicine. I've been in to work 3 out of the 5 days that I was meant to have off this week. There was a good lecture going on that I didn't want to miss, and today I saw a bronchoscopy and placement of a brachytherapy device into the metastatic lesion in a patient's lung (which was actually quite exciting!). Tomorrow I will be going in for a final lecture regarding Radiation Oncology treatment options and outcomes. Let's face it - I would be bored out of my mind if I didn't have any work for a full week. So this week off has been pretty much perfect for me. Except for the chilly weather...but even that hasn't been too bad. I had a nice run in the light rain last night that reminded me of the time I spent running while I was in England last year. So I really can't complain! It is so nice to have the time to do some of the things I love to do outside of medicine.

Oh and I also signed up for my first 5K! My goal is to raise some money for its sponsoring philanthropy and to complete the race in under 25 minutes!

No comments:

Post a Comment