Pages

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Easter & Birthdays!

Now that I have a bit of time to catch up on my life outside of medical school, here's a little bit of what I've been up to:

Mike's Birthday:
Our friends enjoyed a meal at a Japanese Hibachi Restaurant to celebrate Mike's birthday. The food was, as always, delicious. Mike loves to try different types of food that he has never had before, so his birthday was certainly no exception. For the starter, Mike ordered sushi made of Salmon Roe and Sea Urchin. The picture isn't exactly appetizing, is it? The salmon roe tasted like "licking a stone at the bottom of the sea" - salty, fishy, and fresh. The texture is fun - it just pops in your mouth!

Mike and Me on his 25th Birthday:

Work outfit from his mum and dad! ;)

Sea Urchin (left) and Salmon Roe (right)

We also got some amazing sushi of tuna, salmon, and swordfish with avocado and salmon roe sprinkled on top. It was phenomenal. Uh-oh, now I'm craving sushi again...! ;)

Cooking Dinner:

Some Friends at Dinner:

My sister, Andrea, and Me: 

The following weekend, we went home to celebrate Easter with my family. As a surprise, on Saturday night, my family put together a little birthday dinner with cake and ice cream and a few gifts for Mike! I know it's hard on him to be so far away from his family for his birthday (he's not been home for his birthday for the past 4 years), and I know he appreciates a little birthday party with my side of the family.

Mike & Alex:









Easter:
This Easter was a little different from our traditional celebrations, and things certainly felt different without my grandpaw there. We had a nice dinner and spent time with the family, which was nice. And of course it wouldn't be Easter without "Grandpaw's Beans" - which were almost as good as when he made them! The kids  (and Grandpaw's dog, Zim) enjoyed a little joy-ride on Grandpaw's Golf Cart.

 Grandma and Alex, Coloring Eggs:

Godmother Andrea and Katelyn:







Collecting Easter Eggs!










Princess Kate getting her hair done:


Andrea & Joe








Alex's Fifth Birthday:
After my shelf exam on Friday, we went to Alex's birthday party. He and Katelyn got a new swingset and slide and a tee-ball set that they played on while the rest of us sat around and chatted. We had some snacks and birthday cake after Alex opened his gifts. I can't believe that he's 5 already. Seems like just a few weeks ago that I would babysit him and nap with him in my arms and carry him around the house! He's growing up so fast, he's such a little man now! The conversations you can have with him now are so well developed, and he always makes me laugh. We just love our little nephews (Alex and Luke) and niece (Katelyn)!

Katelyn on her new slide:

Andrea and Luke:

Luke is always smiling!

Such a cutie!

Katelyn & Godfather Joe

Alex on his new slide:


Alex and his birthday gifts:

Candles & Wishes:



No comments:

Post a Comment