Pages

Sunday, April 1, 2012

Songfest 2012

Mike and I have been busy practicing for the finale for Songfest this week. Songfest is one of my university's oldest traditions. Any organization on campus (although only greek life tends to get involved) can participate. Each group is given about 4 minutes to perform a medley of 4-5 songs, and they are judged on vocals, dancing, originality, and overall performance. It is always a huge amount of work leading up to the big day. When i directed it for my sorority, we performed songs by the Supremes. We practiced for about 10 weeks, each weeknight for 3 hours. We had to work on harmonies as well as dance moves and make props and rehearse a million times. All that work for 4 very quick minutes on stage!

Our good friend, John, always helps to make Songfest a success, by putting together the videos and coordinating the music for loads of different sororities and fraternities. He's been involved in it since I was a freshman (has that really been 6 years ago?!). This year was his last. And to finish the night, he chose some of his closest friends to sing a medley of songs from his favorite artist, The Beatles. It was so great to perform with my friends again. What a great time onstage!!!

Here are the videos! Mike is playing the guitar (he's amazing, the solos are perfect!), and I sing the first half of "In My Life" - which happens to be our wedding song. My friend, Ashley, sings the second half. Abbie sings Blackbird and Gina sings Yesterday. And two girls who are now actives in my sorority sing Get Back and Oh Darling.

It was a lot of fun to be a part of! :)





No comments:

Post a Comment