Pages

Friday, April 13, 2012

Neurology Shelf Exam

Neurology is finished - - - such a good feeling!

And an even better feeling knowing that I did well on that shelf exam - I have good feelings about what my final grade will be!

The shelf exam wasn't too terribly bad. To prepare for the exam, I:

  • Followed, managed, and learned from a variety of patients - including those with diseases such as ALS, Strokes (ischemic and hemorrhagic), Pseudotumor Cerebri, Normal Pressure Hydrocephalus, Epilepsy, Non-epileptiform seizures, headache patients, brain tumors, MS flairs, Myasthenia Gravis, Guillain-Barre, etc.
  • Used Uptodate to learn more about each of my patient's diseases and treatment plans.
  • We had lecture to begin most of our mornings, which was really helpful.
  • Read Neurology Case Files. I didn't really find this book all too useful, however. I only read about 3/4 of it.
  • Read over the neurology section in my Step Up to Medicine textbook.
  • Read a huge section regarding back pain diagnosis and management.
  • Completed all of UWorld's Step2 Neurology questions - which were relatively simple.
  • Completed all but 40 of USMLE Easy's Step2 Neurology questions - which were noticeably more difficult, and really helped me to do well on the Shelf.
Text Resources:

Lots of exams on USMLE-Easy (so helpful):


How to Organize Different Types of Aphasia:


The shelf exam was about what I had expected it to be. There were some more general internal medicine questions, a few borderline psychiatry questions, and one or two kind of surgically-related questions...




Now we're off to celebrate my nephew's FIFTH BIRTHDAY! OH MY!!!!

Photos to follow....

Enjoy your weekend, blog family!!!!!!!!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment