Pages

Monday, April 9, 2012

Marbella, Spain: Summer Holidays 2011

OOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooh, Marbella. 

What a perfect holiday.

I miss that Spanish Sun on the Sea with a glass of Sangria!

We spent a much-needed, relaxing holiday in Marbella, Spain for one week in June. Mike & I went with his parents and his brother (although his stay was cut short as he had a bachelor party to attend!). It was amazing. Exactly what I needed. The only way it could have been better is if I had known what my score was on the step 1 before I went there (I was having some post-traumatic stress after the exam - *joking of course*).


One of the best nights was spent at this restaurant on the beach of the Mediterranean Sea. Live music, fresh seafood, delicious sangria, the sound of the waves, hot weather, cool breeze, and good conversation. As you can see from the photos, it was a beautiful atmosphere and it made for a very memorable night.



One of the days was spent travelling up to a little mountain town called Mijas. The view was incredible. The drive up was really nice in and of itself, watching as we climbed higher and higher. There were many little shops around the narrow, winding roads of Mijas, which were a lot of fun to browse around. After walking through the town and admiring the views, we had one of the best meals of my life. The restaurant had these huge windows that were open to the descent of the mountain with the sun setting on the sea. It was gorgeous. And the food was brilliant. I had sea bass cooked in sea salt, which was easily the best fish I have ever had, so fresh and delicate with such a gorgeous flavor. Simple and delicious. 


A little house in the mountain rock in Mijas:

Grotto of the Virgin de la Peña

The view from our table, overlooking the valley and sea below:



A few views from our ascent up to Mijas:




Some photos of us at the villa:






Some photos of our stroll along the sea in Marbella one afternoon:









A few more photos from the villa:


A sand castle of Marbella



A view from the third story of the villa (a secret tanning location!haha)
All of the curved staircases provided an easy way to gauge how potent the Sangrias and cerveza were each day! ;)


The view from the villa, looking out on a gorgeous Spanish summer day:











1 comment:

  1. Awww! Judging from your photos, this is a very romantic destination. I can't wait for our own holidays to spain 2013. My boyfriend said that he will surprise me for our 5th year anniversary, but I secretly fished out information from his friends. Hehe! Can't wait to spend a romantic summer here in Marbella.

    ReplyDelete