Pages

Monday, August 8, 2011

Surgical Oncology: Day 7-8

Was in on Saturday night-sunday morning from 6p-6a. Today I was in from 6a-6:30p (we were in clinic all day). We actually talked about Lynch Syndrome again, this time at the tumor board meeting...there are differing views about prophylactic colectomy, and about the necessity of doing genetic testing. Nothing new that I haven't heard before, but its always nice to hear it mentioned! :)

Nothing very exciting happened today.

Yesterday, a cute little old lady looked at my ring while I was doing a physical exam, and she asked me if the lucky man was a doctor..I said no, I know better than to marry a man I'd never see! And she said "Don't marry a doctor...you're a smart girl!" She actually was the wife of one of the best surgeon's ever to serve this area...so I guess she knows her stuff!  ;) I'm pretty happy about the man I chose, but I love to hear people remind me of my good fortune!

No comments:

Post a Comment