Pages

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Surgical AHEC: Day 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Phew, what a week! I started my final rotation in surgery. It's away from my apartment, so I've been staying with my family near to where I am currently rotating. I am having a great time here...I follow the attending around, so I am there when he is there...which is not nearly as long as a resident is there. So, I've been working "normal" hours this whole week! Monday 9-3, Tuesday 7-1, Wednesday 8-3, Thursday 7-1, Friday 8-1. I am loving the extra time I get to spend actually studying or spending time with my family, not to mention the time I spend each day learning from the attending surgeon! It has been such a great experience so far. Oh, and did I mention that I get free, unlimited food from the hospital cafeteria!? SOooo I can work on gaining back some of those pounds I've lost from missing breakfast/lunch/dinner as a med student at the college of medicine's hospital...! ;)



Had a great weekend, too.. I'll try and fill you in after I finish my oral exams this Tuesday...which reminds me, I should probably start to prepare for those...! Ahhhh where has the time gone?!

No comments:

Post a Comment