Pages

Sunday, August 21, 2011

The "Golden Weekend"

I got to enjoy my very first "golden weekend"...it started from the moment I finished my on-call shift early Friday morning and it will end when I go into work early Monday morning...It's a resident's version of a normal working person's weekend - when you are off for an entire 48 hours straight! It is a very rare event, so they call it the "Golden Weekend".

So, what have I done with my Golden Weekend???... not much! Friday afternoon and evening was spent cleaning the house, cooking dinner, and laying out by the pool. Saturday we went for a walk at a park for a few hours, went to eat at a Mediterranean restaurant, then watched a film together, and today we went to the grocery, played a footy game, I studied and packed for my upcoming week away, and finally we went on another long walk. It sounds like a pretty average weekend, but you know what? I don't get these "normal" weekends often any more, so it felt amazing to be at home for so many hours straight. I even remember what it is like to have a boyfriend again! My house is clean, I got to walk my dog, my refrigerator is full, laundry is done, and I'm caught up on what's going on in my fiance's life...this has been the most successful weekend that I have had since I started third year! ...only in medicine would you highly anticipate and subsequently celebrate the mundane and average 2-day weekend at home!


At the Park with Mike & Marley:





Out to Eat at Byblos
 Kebab combo + Tabbouleh = yummmmmmmy
 ...what a gentleman, paying for my meal ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment