Pages

Saturday, April 30, 2011

Royal Wedding

I'm not ashamed to admit it - I was up at 5am to watch the Royal Wedding. I'm a sucker for love, I really am. What a beautiful way to celebrate love, by watching two people commit the rest of their lives to each other. The wedding was an elegant way to remind us of how important love is; it's one thing that every person on earth wants...which explains why nearly 1/3 of the world's population - 2 billion people - tuned in to see this ordinary, middle-class woman marry her Prince. I know as Americans, we can over-celebrate things...and this drives Mike crazy...but why not? What's wrong with celebrating something as beautiful and rare as true love?! There are extremists all over the world, killing others in the name of their religion or for a corrupt leader or for money; I can't think of anything better than to stop for a moment and have the whole world be reminded of the power of love. It's such a beautiful thing.
Royal-kiss


I've been looking through a lot of wedding magazines during the past 4 months, and I absolutely love the lace in a wedding dress. All of the ones that Mike and I both like have a bit of lace in it, and they have definitely more of a classic and elegant feel to me. My mom wore long sleeves made of lace with a lace bodice on her wedding day, and I am absolutely drawn to those dresses now; they are so elegant and timeless. Kate looked absolutely stunning in her dress; a perfect combination of elegant and sexy.

reax_wedding dress_cropped

What a beautiful reminder of the one thing which is common to all of humanity - love.

No comments:

Post a Comment