Pages

Monday, May 2, 2011

2 Days until LPL!

Two days from now, Mike and I will be on our way to Manchester Airport, to stay in Liverpool for 6 weeks. Mike has been looking forward to this day since the day we came back to Toledo from Liverpool in January...I'm looking forward to it as well, but I know how much time I will be spending on revision for my step 1, so it's not going to be like one of our typical trips home...instead it will be filled with a ton of work.

Marley will be staying with my mom and dad while we're away. She loves it there, the big house, the big yards, the dogs, the cats, the farm...but I'm sure going to miss her. For someone who isn't a dog person, you wouldn't understand...but I am really going to miss her. She has made our life so much more enjoyable; she makes us laugh everyday, we just love her to bits. She'll have a great time though, she probably won't even notice we've gone, but Mike and I will be missing her loads.

Tomorrow I'll be saying goodbye to my family, and I won't see them again until the end of June. I don't see them often as it is, being that med school controls my life, but it will be strange to be so far away from them for so long. I may get some of an idea of how hard it is to be away from your family, something that Mike has to deal with all of the time. And in 2 years, I'll be the one who is 4000miles from home...!

One thing that has made the move over here a little bit easier on Mike is my family. My nephew, Alex, has made Mike feel especially welcome; Alex has been close with Mike since he was just a baby. The first time Mike met Alex, Alex just stared at Mike's curly hair and smiled at him. Alex loves to watch Mike do his "big kicks", and whenever we go home, Mike and Alex always spend some time together. On Easter, Alex and Mike hunted for the Easter Eggs that were hidden all around the house...Alex brought Mike down into the basement to look there, and he went over to the sub-pump and asked Mike if any eggs would be hidden down there...Mike said he didn't think so, to which Alex replied "NOooo, a bunny can't hide eggs in a sub-pump!" as if to say to Mike, don't be ridiculous, of COURSE there aren't any in there you dummy!haha He's a real conversationalist, our Alex! :)

I just love this picture because you can see in Alex's expression how much he looks up to Mike. 

My two favorite guys in the world:

No comments:

Post a Comment