Pages

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Update

For an update on my life:

Wedding: We officially have the church and reception venue booked, as well as our photographer and florist. We're currently in the process of hiring a DJ, transportation, and booking a block of rooms at a nearby hotel. We're also trying to compile the type of photos we'd like for our engagements - I would love to do a set of photos with a certain theme, which would capture some of our favorite things...but I'll leave that for a surprise! 








Work: Mike's teams have just finished their spring soccer seasons, and he's currently working on putting together a few soccer camps for the summer. He'll also be coaching a few new teams this summer (he's in pretty high demand!) in addition to studying for his medical school entrance examinations. He's one busy guy lately. And I must admit, I'm impressed by the amount of studying he is able to do each day on top of all of his other commitments (volunteering, coaching, fitness, etc)

Future Plans: After meeting with the priest who will be presiding over our wedding, we began to talk a little bit more definitively about what we anticipate our future to look like. For the moment, we're keeping an open mind about the future, and it seems as though Mike and I will be applying for med school and residency (respectively) in both the US and UK so as not to limit ourselves or our options. This means twice the work in applications and examinations, but this might be our best shot at being able to continue to pursue our dreams while being on the same continent as one another. 

Graduation: Will be here in ONE YEAR. That's crazy. Which means that when I'm not working in the Family Medicine Clinic, you may find me:
  • Studying for my Family Medicine Shelf (LAST SHELF EVER!)
  • Polishing my CV and applications for residency
  • Researching potential residency positions in various hospitals
  • Studying for my Step2CK
  • Doing loads of questions on UWorld and USMLEasy
  • Trying to make sure I'm choosing the right specialty
Summer Season: Which means - Running Outside, Long Walks with the Dog, Peaches&Bananas, Sunglasses, Strawberry Shortcake, Open Windows, Gorgeous Sunlight, Campfires, Swimming, and wanting to move the clinic outside. I will actually be able to enjoy an entire WEEK with my family at the lake this year (for the first time in 5 years) - and I can't WAIT!!!!!!! :)





No comments:

Post a Comment