Pages

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

MSIII: Day 2

Today was focused on how to communicate with patients most effectively. We talked about handling families, treating children with disabilities, breaking a diagnosis and treatment plan with a patient and his/her family, interacting with geriatric patients, how to deal with end-of-life situations (and how to stop aggressive treatment and begin pain management and comfort measures), and how to handle conflicts between the medical team. It was like a crash course of How To Interact with People, which many of us needed, considering there has been little to no interaction with other people in the past 2 years of our lives. It's unbelievable how socially awkward people can become if you isolate them from normal life and surround them with mountains of books and notes for two years...!

I'm finally starting to feel like I am in exactly the right place in my life. I am excited about the future, I am content with who I am becoming, and I have never been more confident that I have chosen the best life-partner in the whole world! Things are looking pretty good, and I can't wait to see where the future takes me!

No comments:

Post a Comment