Pages

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Southport study break

I can certainly tell that I've met the halfway point in my revision; I have been desperate for a day out, with my books left at home. After a few hours of study this afternoon, Hakim & Carol took Mike & me to Southport. We just had a little walk round and then went for a meal. They always take us to really delicious restaurants, and tonight was really extra nice. Things I love about the restaurants here that I cannot get at home: the gorgeous olives, the goat's cheese, the creme brulee, the espresso to finish the meal, and the slow service. I love that a meal can take a few hours to experience; it reminds me of our family dinners at home, where we sit around the table and eat and talk to our hearts' content. I love the closeness you feel sitting around the table with family or friends. And I definitely love how relaxed the atmosphere is.

One thing that I really, really love about England is how nice the countryside is. I just love how you can be so close to the city yet so near to the country, it is an absolute perfect fit for me. Mike must have figured me out, as he always suggests we take a drive out to see the country whenever I'm feeling down, and it always cheers me up. I'm looking forward to my dad and my brother, Brian coming over here someday and seeing the farms; I think they'll be surprised at how much farming there actually is in England.

I had such a good night tonight that I didn't even think about Step 1 for a few hours. Ah, a glimpse at living real life again!haha I needed this night off, hopefully I'll be able to make it through the last 2+ weeks of revision without burning out!!! June 7th will be here before I know it...!

No comments:

Post a Comment