Pages

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

48 Hours from Freedom

Okay, things are getting serious.

In less than 48 hours, I will have completed my final written exam of my medical school career. Crazy, right? It feels like just yesterday I was sitting in the lecture hall, nervous and excited and scared out of my skin taking my very first exam of my medical school career. Here I am today, two days from the final major exam of my medical school education. I still cannot believe how far I have come on this journey to becoming something better than I ever dreamed imaginable - I will become a doctor.

Seriously. How cool is it that I will be directly involved in saving lives? This is the best job in the entire world. I cannot WAIT to continue on this amazing journey, pursuing my wildest dreams and truly changing the world.

I'm kind of freaking out; after taking hundreds of practice exams, I looked into what my predicted Step2 score is - and it's out of the ballpark. Seriously, I could never in a million years actually perform that well. According to the predictors, the score could be 297 (+/-11). I refuse to believe that I could actually do so well. But maybe this is a sign that I should have a bit more confidence - I will do just fine. I'm not expecting a 297, that's for sure!

Anyway, it's not like I'm trying to get into Derm or Ortho or something at Johns Hopkins! Geesh! ;) I just aim to do my best; its the best I can hope for - and I won't complain, no matter the outcome, because I will have truly done.my.very.best on this exam.


After 5 weeks of 10-12 hours/day of studying, everything starts to look a little fuzzy!

No comments:

Post a Comment