Pages

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Tasty Tuesday: Grilled Zucchini Orzo

One food that I obsess over each summer is zucchini. I love it. I can't get enough of it, even when the garden is overflowing with zucchini and it's coming out of our ears, I can't wait to eat more of it. It genuinely is one of my favorite foods; as a child, I loved loved loved fried zucchini (oh of course I still do!), but now that I have grown up (a little), I have branched out and found that I love zucchini in all of its ways: masked in casseroles, hidden in desserts, showcased as a steamed side, with a bit of pasta, with a bit of quinoa, with a few mushrooms, with a little salt, breaded and baked and dipped in tomato sauce...well, you get the idea.

This summer, I have been doing my best to eat as clean as possible (while allowing room for cheats of ice cream and other goodies - what's life if you can't enjoy food, am I right?!). Going along with clean eating, I have discovered a new recipe for zucchini that I am currently maybe a bit too excited about. I have, in fact, made this dish three times in the past week (I can't help myself, really).

So, without further adieu, I give you: Grilled Zucchini Orzo

Grill 3 cubed zucchini and 2 diced onions in a small amount of olive oil until nice. Boil up some orzo (I make the entire box, but that might be a bit much for you!) and cook as directed. Chop up about a half a cup of fresh basil, 2 cups of arugula, and a red pepper if that's your style (not for me - no thanks). Drain the orzo, add it to the grilled veggies, toss in the basil/arugula/pepper, add in a bit of salt and pepper and your desired amount of balsamic vinegar before plating. Top the pasta dish with sprinkles of Mediterranean mix Feta Cheese and enjoy. You can thank me later.






It's so quick and easy, yet so flavorful and delicious, it's no wonder why I've had the urge to cook it so often while I'm in full-on study mode! 




Hope you enjoy!!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment