Pages

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Hematology & Oncology

I have really enjoyed the last four days I've spent in the hospital. 

My patients are really interesting. We've actually been quite busy, and we've had some fairly uncommon complications in the past few days. I'm learning so much, every day. 

I love working on this service. I would love to do this for the rest of my life!

Today, I overheard one of my female patients refer to me as "Dr. Barbie"; I'm going to go ahead and take that as a compliment (please just disregard the "Dumb Blonde" jokes that have just popped up in your head). 

I'm working really hard, and I am treating the patient's as if they were my own responsibility. So I'm constantly checking up on them, refreshing their current laboratory work waiting for "pending results" to switch to "available results". I get to actually talk with the patients without feeling pulled in a million different directions. I love it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment