Pages

Saturday, March 17, 2012

Happy St Patrick's Day!

So I decided to (finally) begin to compile my Curriculum Vitae (CV). I have realized how little I have been doing outside of work and studying, especially in comparison to what I have done in high school and college. I guess it's quite obvious that life gets a little bit more difficult to balance and juggle everything as we get older and the responsibilities pile up. Saying that, I would like to put in some research while in med school. We have so many academic physicians who work passionately in research as well as clinical medicine, so I want to take this opportunity to learn from some very intelligent physicians before I move on to the next phase of my career. I plan to complete research when I am a physician, and this is a great way to get that started. I also have an interest in pursuing a life in academia alongside clinical practice; although I am not as good of a teacher as my brother (he's a high school history teacher) or as good as Mike (he has a degree in physical education), I do have a passion to share my knowledge. I also would like to give back to the community more regularly. Mike has been talking about doing some volunteer work as well, so the hope is to set something up for a Saturday and to be able to do something for our community together. Now that my schedule has slowed, and I have completed the most time-intensive clerkships, I think it is the right time to pursue my other interests. I've been in medical school for nearly three years and it is only now that I feel like I have a fairly good balance between life, health, work, and study. I think its time to throw another activity into my life! ;)

I better get back to work. These things don't just sort themselves out, you know! I have a whole lot of work to do to sort out my fourth-year clerkships and even more work to sort through for my applications for the UK! (...and immediately my head is throbbing and my heart is skipping beats - - - this is going to be one difficult process!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment