Pages

Sunday, July 22, 2012

Boards, Boards, Boards, Boards, Boards.

My schedule has been crazy, studying for the boards. I've learned from what worked for step1 (and more importantly what didn't), so I am already seeing improvements in my performance. I still have 12 days to study (I'm taking the exam Friday, August 3), but I'm feeling fairly confident at this point. I have a lot of things I need to look over a few more times, but I'm not too terribly overwhelmed right now. I mean, I have been preparing for this exam for the past year, I've done well on the shelf exams, so I should do well given the 4 weeks I've given myself to solely prepare for the exam.

My daily schedule looks something like this:
7-830: Run/Shower
8:30-12:30: Watch Doctors-in-Training lectures
12:30-2:30: Attend Pathology Cases
2:30-4:30: Do 44 questions in UWorld
4:30-7: Finish Lectures/Review DIT
7-10: Do 44 Questions in UWorld
...and of course a few breaks to sneak in dinner/a cup of tea/walks outside with Marley/tidy the house. I might enjoy my breaks a little too much - it is just so hard to sit still for 14 hours a day!

I'm so ready to be back on the wards, and to have all of my major exams of my medical school career done and over with!

Next up after boards: A week's vacation with my family (which I have missed every year for the past 4 years!), followed by 2 weeks of Inpatient Hematology/Oncology (I absolutely cannot wait for this), which will lead me into September and 4 weeks of an Acting Internship in Internal Medicine - - - I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment