Pages

Thursday, August 1, 2013

Month One is Done!

Believe it or not, today is the beginning of August - the beginning of my second rotation. I can't believe how fast it has went, and how much I've grown on the past 31 days. I learned more than I think I realize - work has been so busy and crazy that I haven't had the time to sit and read or test my knowledge in my traditional studious way. I'm learning by doing, trial by fire, and I'm figuring things out better each day. 

I had such a brilliant team for my first rotation. I really miss them already... But I know that I have many brilliant colleagues so I'm excited to get to work with so many different people! 

This month I am at an urban, middle city hospital. Today I trained on their electronic health record system (which is really intuitive and efficient unlike the one I'm accustomed to). I'm looking forward to having some more autonomy and handling general medical problems, but I'm a bit reluctant to begin. Things are  so different and strange that I feel intimidated and overwhelmed. I always get first day jitters, but today has been more obvious than others. I'm finding myself excited for September to get here, when I'm back to my normal hospital (albeit on night float!). 

I can't even describe how sad it makes me to realize that it's already August. I can see winter in my mind already, time will pass so quickly it will be here before I realize it. My life is seriously flashing before my eyes. I miss having a life outside of medicine. But I still do love what I do...so I will continue to focus on that and not the fact that I'm dog tired and haven't seen my family in months and haven't had a real conversation with my husband in weeks or cleaned my house properly since June... Moan over. 

Fingers crossed for a good month!


1 comment:


  1. I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Health Home, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Health Home via their website www.ultimatelifeclinic.com I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!

    ReplyDelete